If you have a leaking shower, the question of how much does it cost to repair it will naturally come up. Leaking pipes are not only unsightly, they can be very hazardous as well. To locate the source of the leak and determine what needs to be done, you first need to turn off the water in the home. Then follow the plumbing repair tips in this article.
– Before attempting any plumbing repair, turn off the water supply to the entire house. Check to make sure that all faucets are turned on. Turn on each individual pipe by slowly turning the water switch clockwise. If a shower head pipe is dry, then it’s likely that the other pipes leading to it are also dry.
– Next, check to see if the shower head pipe is leaking at the bottom or at the end of the pipe. A small hole at the bottom may be the cause of the leak. Using a flashlight, look for where the hole is and how large it is. Use your index finger to gently tap the area. If you can’t find a crack or hole, then this is the likely location of the problem.
– Once you’ve found the likely location of the leak, locate the appropriate place in the plumbing system. Use a plumber’s snubbing tool to safely gain access to the pipe. This tool has a long, flexible wire with a small tip that helps force its way through narrow spaces and also prevents the flow of water from obstructing it. Once the plumber is inside, he will be able to quickly determine the source of the blockage.
– Sometimes, clogs may develop in drains because they become filled with lime, which is normal after a good wash. Another plumbing cause can be dirt, oils and grease settling along the inside of pipes, especially if the drainpipes are situated near plants or trees. To clean out the clog, you’ll need to either use a drain snake or a plumbing snake auger. These tools help you reach in between the walls and drain in order to clear the clog.
– Your plumbing system probably isn’t the culprit if a hot water supply is low. Low water pressure can create pressure within plumbing pipes, causing them to burst open or to build up excess pressure inside the pipe. Your best bet if you’re wondering how much does it cost to fix a leaking shower head?
Fixing a shower that’s leaking can be quite expensive, depending on what needs to be fixed and where the clog is located. If you need to drain your shower in order to replace a plumbing drain, this can be one solution, though it can also require digging up the pipes. You may need to hire a plumber to handle this particular plumbing job, so it’s always best to know how much does it cost to fix a leaking shower before you try to do it yourself.
If the plumbing in your home has been taken care of by an experienced plumber, there’s no need to worry about learning how much does it cost to fix a shower. If a clog develops instead, however, it can seem like an impossible task to remove. Leaks occur everywhere in the plumbing system, not just in shower pans and showers. Pipes can break during routine maintenance, and you might have to dig around in order to get to them. If the leak is located in a drain, though, it may be too late before you can do anything at all to fix it.