Moving kitchen plumbing is expensive. May 23, 2021, the average cost of moving kitchen plumbing can range from several thousand to several hundred thousand dollars per appliance. Remember that the farther away from its original location you move your plumbing appliance, the higher the cost will be.
Plumbing issues involving your plumbing and your kitchen remodel are definitely time consuming and expensive to fix. Plumbers do not come cheap. So you must use good judgment when deciding how much to pay. If you don’t, you may end up with a less-than-reputable plumber who will not do a good job and may even charge you more. Here are some kitchen remodel plumbing tips that can help you get started on the right foot.
* First, determine how many new fixtures you will need for your bathroom renovation. Ask your plumber what kind of plumbing is used in your home, including the main floor plumbing. Based on that information, you can decide how many new fixtures you should purchase. For example, if you have a small kitchen with minimal counter space, installing an under the counter sink and toilet may be a good first step. On the other hand, if you have a spacious kitchen with plenty of counter space, you may want to invest in high-end tile plumbing so you won’t have any leaks.
* Next, determine the approximate size and shape of your kitchen island or bar. Your plumber will be able to tell you how to measure for these items accurately once the project is underway. To save money, it’s a good idea to rent a tape measure the dimensions of the appliances you plan to relocate, such as stoves, dishwashers and refrigerators. In order to get an accurate picture, it’s recommended that you use a tape measure and graph paper to estimate the distance between various points, such as the point where the refrigerator stops and the drain begins, or between the drain and the floor. Once you’ve determined the distances, calculate the square footage between them using graph paper to get a better idea of what your new kitchen plumbing dimensions will be. You can then consult your new kitchen plumbing diagram for details about how to connect plumbing parts.
* Choose the plumbing companies you plan to hire for your relocation. There are many contractors available in your area, from electrical contractors to moving van services. Some plumbing companies offer guaranteed on-time delivery and full coverage, while others are only a call away. If you are working on a fairly large kitchen layout, hiring plumbing companies that offer semi-custom or do-it-yourself installation may be the best bet. On the other hand, if you have limited space or if you simply prefer to save money, it would be easier for you to engage the services of a moving plumbing company.
* Install new kitchen plumbing and electrical cabinets before you disassemble and move your appliances. This allows you to save a lot of time and hassle, as disassembling the cabinets and putting them back together afterwards is a time consuming task. Hiring kitchen cabinet remodeling professionals to install new kitchen cabinets and electrical appliances in your home can help speed up the process considerably. Additionally, it makes it easier for you to choose the style of cabinets that will best complement your kitchen design.
* Replace your kitchen cabinets and washbasins before you relocate them. New kitchen cabinets need to come with a waterproof liner, which helps prevent leaks from occurring. It’s also important for you to replace your old, worn out water filters and fixtures with new ones that will ensure proper water flow. This will also prevent your appliances from drying out.
It’s important to note that not all plumbing and appliances are suitable for relocation. There are still a number of ways on how you can reduce the cost of relocating your cabinetry and fixtures. You can hire professional movers and cabinetry removals experts, who can do the job efficiently and effectively. You can also cut down on the costs by considering pre-owned or used cabinetry, which will still function like brand new after it is relocked.